Cleaning up all the Christmas decorations can feel strange putting away all the lights and colorful decor but it doesn’t have to bring you down. I have 5 tips on how to transition from the Christmas decor to Winter Decor.
How to Transition from Christmas to Winter Decor
- Put away all the Red decor. Red is a signature color for Christmas so since Christmas is over it’s time to put that away.
- Declutter your spaces. Once you have all the red gone you can take a look at each space and decide if it’s too cluttered. Put away anything that you feel makes the space feel messy. It’s time to purge the mess and get your home cleaned up from the Holidays.
- Keep all the greenery out for display. The outside is fairly bare of leaves, except for Pine trees of course, and so it’s nice to have some greenery inside to keep things from feeling to bare.
- Add elements of nature, for example, pine cones and willow branches are perfect! I always think that taking cues from Mother Nature is the best way to decorate so adding elements from outside and bringing them in is a great way to do that.
- Finally, add color. You took all the red away, you still have your greenery and elements of nature so if you want, pick another color to add to your decor. It can be anything, although I recommend staying away from red since we just took it out to get away from the Christmas feel. Personally, I love adding Winter White to my decor in the Winter. Taking my cue from Mother Nature, and all that snow is my favorite thing to do. White also gives my eyes a bit of a rest from all the bright lights and colors of the Holidays.
For ideas on how to incorporate Winter Whites in your home decor click HERE.
Winter Decor Inspirational Photos
If you are a visual person like me then you want to see examples. Well, I have collected lots of them for you to get your inspiration from.
via Twelve On Main
via Heathered Nest
I really hope that you gained some great ideas on Winter Decor! I know that I am always ready for the calm after the craziness of the Holidays.
Don’t forget, if you liked it please pin it! 👇👇👇